Saturday 5 July 2008

My Rescuer

I've been told by quite a few people I have a gift for writing, but tonight, or rather this morning, I won't be using my literary skills, instead I'll leave you with some inspiration. The sort of stuff that makes me cry, but in a good way.
This was taken from Bible Basics; a wonderful blog full of encouragement.

Why God is My Hero






A fitting song of Praise, one of my favourites;

Came to My Rescue - Hillsong

Falling on my knees in worship
Giving all I am to seek your face
Lord all I am is yours

My whole life I place in your hands
God of mercy humble I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
Want to be where you are

My whole life I place in your hands
God of mercy humbled I bow down
In your presence at your throne

I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
Want to be where you are


In my life
Be lifted high
In our world
Be lifted high
In our love
Be lifted high


I called you answered
And you came to my rescue and I
Want to be where you are




I have a busy weekend ahead. Large bowling party at work tomorrow. Then in the evening it's the Hope 08 concert. Sunday morning I have to be up early for the youth wroship group rehearsal, we're leading worship during the morning service. I'm absolutely terrified. Then throughout the day is the rehearsal and setting up for Blest. The evening service at 7 and then then the Blest service after that, who knows what else!

My plan is when I get some free time to learn the 6 songs planned for Sunday morning so that I can close my eyes and pretend I'm not stood at the front of church when I'm singing. Just me and God, and hopefully things should work out. I'm so nervous and my throat completely closes up so I can't sing very well or even remember what I'm supposed to be singing. Worship is such a big thing for me, but I don't think I'm ready, I'm not spiritually strong enough to be part of a worship group leading a large congregation. But if God intends me to go this route I'll somehow overcome my fear and do it. At least I'm not leading worship and there are plenty of other vocalists to drown me out. Normally I wouldn't happy with the arrangement of the band, but for a first time hopefully it'll give me a bit of confidence.

God, I'm going to need all the help you can give me on Sunday. Let me glorify your name without conscience or hindrance, and be a shining light for your love, encouraging others in their praise. Keep all the band focused and free from nerves and inhibition, so they can be a strong lead in praising your name. Just remind us all that worship is all about you, not a performance, and we should sing, play and dance with our hearts set on fire with a passion for your name, your glorious works and unfailing love. Amen.

I need to get some sleep now. Good Night

2 comments:

James said...

amen.

I think you may find it easier once you start singing

Unknown said...

hey iz. would be great to see you, am a bit hectic at the minute as i'm still settling in, plus i quit my job today so have to find another one sharpish - but when i have a better idea of my weekly timetable i'll let you know?
xx