Monday 5 May 2008

Omm Nomm Nomm

I'm currently eating fig rolls, they are very tasty! Might break out the hob nobs in a bit, it's bank holiday, biscuits now form the main part of my diet.

Well apparently quite a few people seem to have read my last post (I thought no one actually read blogs, or only very rarely). All positive feedback it would seem. It's just nice to know people care, whether it be a friend I see everyweek or haven't spoken to in several years. I love my friends, such wondeful people, and so many I've realised, I've just lost contact.

Well, this morning I'm very tired. Last night I went to Blest at Inglewhite church. Fantastic night, I've been meaning to go for ages, however given various circumstances it never happened until now. It's sort of like an informal youth service, in fact it reminds me most of the meetings at wec camp. Silly light sabre games, star wars excerpts, speed passage finding (I've really lost the knack, I used to be so good at that) and contemporary worship. Of course there was tea and biscuits afterwoulds which always puts a positive spin on things for me, not that it wasn't positive prior to tea and biscuits, it just completed it perfectly.
Then afterwoulds I ended up being invited to an after party (church things have after parties? I'm so out of touch) along with Rob (yes he's my baby brother!) No one seemed to believe we were related, or that I was his big sister (I'll probably have to stick with older though as I'm not bigger, damn my short stature). The after party was held in Pip's shed, about 12x12 ft probably with a kareoke machine and lights. Far too many people to cram in such a small space, it was fun nevertheless. So I've met loads of fantastic new people and some old friends who've I've not seen in donkey's years! Great time.

I've not been in a big fun social situation for a long time, it's a rareity for me, though I feel I need to get out and about more and enjoy life and making new friends as I've missed out on a few good years worth. Time to catch up and regain my youth.

I'm still incredibly tired, didn't get home till 3am last night, or rather, this morning. Then at qaurter to 7 Gobi started barking as usual so I had to get up and let him out. Quarter to 7 is when the day starts for Gobi, everyone has to get up and start enjoying the day. Which is great, he's a very efficient alarm clock. However on less than 4 hours sleep it isn't appreciated.
I procedded to go staright back to bed after sorting Gobi out. So Gobi was left to wander the house and much to his delight find a pile of my clothes to roll on and sleep on whilst waiting for someone to come back to the land of the living. Now my clothes are covered in short blonde hairs. What fun. I love that dog so much.

Right, well I probably have things to do, so I'll leave this here, I won't bore you further with my thoughts.
Have a great bank holiday, hopefully you're not driving as I imagine that won't be too much fun!

No comments: