Thursday 2 May 2013

5:2, Going Strawberry Blonde and Lady V

So I'm going to start doing 5:2 otherwise known as the Fast Diet. This means "fasting" for 2 days a week and then eating whatever the hell I want for the other 5, though not binge eating as that's silly. I say fasting in inverted commas as it's not a true fast, you still get to eat 500 calories on a "fast day" (600 for men) so it's much easier than total abstinence from food. So far I have done one fast, it didn't go so well, as Gary got all narky and made me eat. Generally I plan to fast Monday and Thursdays, but I'm moving furniture today so it'll be Friday fast this week I think. Plus I have French Fancies that need eating.

For those curious here's my starting stats.
Weight: 11 stone 3 lbs
Height: 5 foot 5 inches
BMI: 26
Bust: 38" (28H/30GG)
Waist: 28-29" depending on how much I've eaten.
Hips: 38"

So I'm overweight with big boobs and a biggish tummy. Not to mention thunderous legs, but they're mostly muscle. I'm hoping to get to a BMI of 22, this is 9 stone 7 lbs, I feel comfortable at this weight, and I was close to this weight for years until a stupid GP told me to stop cycling and I got addicted to doughnuts! But we'll see, I'd be happy to get down to 10 stone or 10 stone 7lbs.  The main thing that attracted me to 5:2 is the health benefits, improved bloodwork, less chance of heart disease, diabetes, dementia etc etc. Granted most of the studies have been done in animals, but it might work in humans too.

And now for some pretty pictures. I've gone a bit mad buying Lady V dresses recently, here's my haul so far.




 You can get them here http://www.ladyvlondon.com/

You may also have noticed, I've gone from red to strawberry blonde. I used Colour B4 from Boots to remove all the colour from my hair and this is what I was left with. I'm going to tone it a bit, but I think I'll keep it for a while, just as a change. What do you think?


1 comment:

Edric said...

I'm a bit late to the party but I just wanted to say that you look great. I expected some existing comments about this!

Hopefully all has gone well and you are feeling good about yourself. Hurrah for 2 wheels.