Tuesday 26 August 2008

Long Time No Blog...

Well, it's been a busy summer, most without internet access. Plus the family computer has died (mobo burnt out) so they've all decided they can use mine instead, regardless of whether I'm happy about it. I don't know what they do, but somehow they've managed to corrupt the hard drive, so I can't even do a system restore, disk clean, disk defrag etc and can't run the likes of windows live mail and explorer without an error message coming up. Good job I despise those programs and use firefox instead.
I'll fix it all when I have the time, first I need to get the meddlers off my precious machine.

So how's the summer gone? Well first was a week camping down in Cornwall for the Bible conference Wellspring. Would have been a great week apart from the constant rain and lashings of wind uprooting everyone's tents! Also I felt very much alone given I didn't know anyone my age. As much as I love the youth from my church, I do feel a bit left out due to the difference in age and life experience. My usual topics of conversation aren't appropriate for the young innocent and naive. It would seem a lot of the youth have lead very sheltered lives, which is great in some respects, but means we're miles apart in terms of thought patterns and attitudes. Also makes me worry as I've been part of the big bad world outside the church, and these kids are in for a shock when they hit it. Life isn't a nicey nicey outside of Garstang.
And apparently 20 is too old to be considered youth! It stops after 18! Shocker. But gradually I got to know people from other churches, so I felt more at ease as I found people more on my wave length.


Then I had a week down in Guildford visiting a friend of mine. He probably now thinks I'm even crazier than before, if that's at all possible. And insists I'm horribly independent and stubborn because I wouldn't let him pay for everything and buy me clothes. On reflection, what was I thinking? Missed out there. It also rained a lot there.

Then off to Scotland for the Edinburgh festival and dog sitting for friends. Great time there, Peebles is such a gorgeous place, shame about all the rain. Plus saw some great shows as part of the Fringe, even got to see Rhona Cameron. I love that woman so much, can't beat a Scottish lesbian comic!

I was also supposed to be heading off to Keswick, but my plans were scuppered by work and illness. Working the Saturday and the Sunday, then Monday morning I was hit by a horrific stomach bug type affair. From 4am to midday I spent most of my time clutching onto the toilet bowl for dear life praying that I could have some bowel control to retain what little dignity I had left after projectile vomiting all over the bathroom! Not pleasant I can tell you that. And I fear I've already included too much information, so I'll stop there.
It's now Tuesday evening, and I still feel like death warmed up. Horrible fever, general lethargy, aching muscles and very disorientated. I feel very empty after my body decided to purge everything in my system. Now my stomach has also shrunk considerably, my last meal I managed to eat about 3 mouthfuls before feeling full. Probably explains why I've lost 5 inches off my waist in just over a day (without tight lacing). I was bloated and suffering from PMT before with a 29" waist, now 24" and feel like air, empty and light headed. So confused, not sure what day, time or season it is. I hope my laptop isn't lying to me.
Ah well I have a pile of clothes next to me so I can easily adjust to temperature changes. From wearing a skimpy vest top and sweating profusely from being too hot, to 2 jumpers, a hoody and 2 dressing gowns when I have chills and so cold I fear I'm on the edge of death!

Right, well I'd best go find something productive to do. As for a silver lining to my miserable state, my hair has turned out magnificently shiny, not in the slightest bit greasy and my skin is clearing up, and of course the aforementioned shrinking to my waist giving my hourglass figure even more definition! Good times.

No comments: